3 day Wadden island of Texel and North Holland tour!
From Friday September 4, until Sunday September 6, 2015
We will be cycling on premium KOGA and SANTOS travel bicycles equipped with Rohloff 14 gear speed hub, Gates belt drive and Magura hydraulic breaks. All our luggage we carry in waterproof Ortlieb panniers and handle bar bags so the tour is completely carbon neutral. Minimum amount of participants 4, maximum 6.
On this tour you will see:
– The unique Dutch bicycle infrastructure including travel by train with bicycles
– Wadden island of Texel, including very picturesque Den Hoorn and fishing village Oudeschild
– Optional: nature museum Ecomare
– Naval base Den Helder
– Typical coastal forest, dunes and agricultural areas
– The Hondsbossche Zeewering – a very strong dike that protects North Holland from flooding
– Historical villages Alkmaar, De Rijp, Edam and Broek in Waterland
– Tasting herring and smoked eel in Volendam
– UNESCO World Heritage sites Beemster polder and forts of the Defense line of Amsterdam
Costs are depending on the amount of participants € 300 to € 350 per person.
Included bicycle, panniers, helmet, accommodation and train and boat tickets
Not included: food and drinks (except for breakfast) and entrance tickets to museums.
The program at a glance:
Day 1, 30 km
Meet up to fit the bikes and pack the paniers, taking the train and ferry to the Island of Texel. 1st half of the tour on Texel.
Day 2, 70 km
2nd half of the tour on Texel, crossing with the ferry to the main land, cycling along the coast to Alkmaar.
Day 3, 70 km
Alkmaar, windmills, De Rijp, Beemster Polder, the Defence line of Amsterdam, Edam, Volendam and Broek in Waterland.
If you want to see more of Holland you can add more days before or after this planned tour, for instance to the Zaan region and Zaanse Schans, Haarlem, Leiden, Delft, The Hague, Rotterdam and Gouda.
Interested? Send an e-mail to: email@example.com